Dangerous Intersections in Windsor, Ontario — Tips on Avoiding Getting Involved in Car Accidents
Motor vehicle accidents can happen at any time, anywhere. Some intersections, however, are statistically proven to be more dangerous than others. There are several different types of accidents that can happen at intersections, including rear-end crashes, side-impact collisions, sideswipe collisions, and collisions between oncoming vehicles. According to Windsor’s Executive Director of Operations, several factors can make an intersection more prone to accidents. Speed, traffic volume, time of day, and road conditions are the most prominent factors that influence the likelihood of an accident.
Windsor Police have cited the following intersections as the most dangerous, based on the volume of accidents:
- County Rd. 42 at Lauzon Parkway.
- Pellissier St. at Wyandotte St. W.
- McHugh St. at Lauzon Rd.
- Banwell Rd. at E.C. Row Expressway Westbound
- Central Ave. at E.C. Row Expressway Eastbound On-Ramp.
- Crawford Ave. at Wyandotte St. W.
- Lauzon Parkway at Tranby Ave.
- Campbell Ave. at College Ave.
While an accident can happen at any time, below are a few safety tips to reduce your likelihood of being involved in an accident:
- Leave space between your vehicle and the vehicle in front of you to avoid rear-end collisions.
- Always keep your eyes on the road.
- Use your turning signals to show your driving intentions.
- When approaching a yellow light, proceed with caution.
- Follow the posted speed limit.
- Avoid driving when drowsy.
While there are things that you can do to drive safely and to prevent collisions, accidents do happen. If you’ve been involved in a motor vehicle accident, contact our team of professionals for help with your claim.