Personal Injury Lawyers, Windsor Ontario

Personal Injury claims are among the largest group of legal claims which also have one of the broadest scopes of needs. Understanding the specifics of Personal Injury legal claims must be handled by a team of experienced personal injury lawyers or legal team that has a proven track record of successful results. Bezaire & Associates focuses on an array of Personal Injury claims, and would welcome the opportunity to speak with you about your situation. Call upon us for a Free Consultation which will allow us to understand your specific situation and needs.

Frequently Asked Questions

The insurance company says that I don't need a lawyer, are they right?

Insurance companies would rather you not seek out a lawyer, because they know they can negotiate a smaller and even unfair settlement with you directly. Every person who has been injured in an accident should speak with a lawyer. If you are entitled to sue the person responsible for your injuries, you will definitely need a lawyer to help you. If you are entitled to receive no-fault benefits from your own insurance company, our lawyers will ensure that you are being paid the proper amount.

When should I see a lawyer?

As soon after an accident, fall or injury as possible. In some cases, you must send a notice letter within a few days after an accident. If you don’t, you may completely lose your legal right to claim compensation. We have seen this happen before, and we don’t want to see it happen to you.

I can't work because of the accident. How will I pay for a lawyer?

We understand that accident victims often have financial problems. When we take your case you will NEVER have to pay until the end of your case. And, even if our advice is that you shouldn’t commence a lawsuit, our initial consultation, in which we discuss your case and your rights, is ALWAYS free. So you have nothing to lose by meeting with us.

I've heard that you cannot sue if you are injured in a car accident in Ontario. So why would I need a lawyer?

Unfortunately, many people are under the mistaken belief that they can’t sue the responsible person for their injuries. Innocent accident victims with serious injuries have always been able to get compensation in Ontario. Even less seriously injured victims and drivers responsible for causing an accident may be entitled to compensation in the form of Statutory Accident Benefits. You need a lawyer to ensure that you get fair compensation for your injuries.

Why should I choose Bezaire & Associates?

How should you go about selecting a lawyer? We believe that a good lawyer is one who not only listens but hears your specific concerns, knows and understands the law and its limitations, and then cares enough about your plight to apply the law and his or her skill fearlessly to bring about the best possible result for you – all the while ensuring that you know and understand what he or she is doing at each step of the process and why. That’s our philosophy. That’s what we strive to do every day for our clients. If you have been injured, or you have a legal problem, then we would love the chance to hear your story and explain what we can do for you.

I have been helping accident victims for over 25 years. We know the law because we have helped to make the law. We don’t just care about the case; we care about you and your family. We will fight for your rights and get you the best results possible.

What is a contingency fee?

Most personal injury lawyers work on a “contingency fee” basis. That means you only pay the lawyer his or her legal fees if he or she collects money for you after the resolution of your case. Bezaire & Associates only represents clients on a contingency fee basis and offers an initial free consultation to any and all accident victims.

What is traumatic brain injury?

Traumatic brain injury is defined as any damage to the brain caused by a trauma. Brain injuries can be categorized as mild, moderate or severe. It is important to note that even a mild traumatic brain injury can have serious consequences. Brain injury can occur from such traumas such as car accidents (striking of head on the interior of the car); a slip and fall (striking head on a hard surface); a substantial neck injury (whiplash or neck fracture).

What is a spinal cord injury?

A spinal cord injury occurs when cells within the spinal cord are damaged or when the nerve tracts that relay signals up and down the spinal cord are severed. This usually occurs when a traumatic event such as a fall or other impact affect the spine.
Common types of spinal cord injuries are:

  • Contusion – caused by a bruising of the spinal cord
  • Compression – caused by pressure on the spinal cord
  • Laceration – occurs when nerve fibers tear or are severed
  • Central Cord syndrome – occurs when there is specific damage to the corticospinal tracts of the cervical region of the spinal cord.

What rights do I have if I am injured in a car accident?

You have two possible ways to claim compensation. First, you may be entitled to recover damages if another person is at-fault for your accident and your injuries reach a threshold of seriousness. Second, you may be entitled to recover certain benefits, called no-fault benefits, no matter who is at-fault in your accident.

Can owners be sued for injuries caused by their pets?

Pet owners are responsible for ensuring that their pets do not cause harm to others. For example, when a dog attacks a person, the resulting injuries can sometimes be severe, requiring emergency and ongoing medical treatment. Scars and disfigurement can occur in serious cases, and in the worst scenarios, victims may be killed. Children are often bitten by dogs after unknowingly provoking them. In most cases, the dog owner’s homeowner insurance handles injury claims. If an attack happens while the victim is legally on private property (e.g. an invited guest, to deliver mail, etc.) or while the victim is on public property, the owner is strictly liable as long as the victim was not intentionally and persistently antagonizing the animal. If you or a loved one has been the victim of a dog bite, we can assist you.

Can home owners and/or business owners be sued if I slip or trip and fall on their property?

Slip or trip and fall accidents are a common type of personal injury accident. Every owner and occupier of property must ensure that people are safe when they enter onto their property. A homeowner is responsible for ensuring that their driveway and steps leading into their home are in good repair and in the winter free of ice and snow. Similarly, an owner of a business must make sure that their floors are free of spills and slipping hazards. If your fall was on a municipal sidewalk, you must provide the municipality with written notice within 10 days. Failure to provide written notification to the municipal clerk in time can invalidate your claim.