Q: Can home owners and/or business owners be sued if I slip or trip and fall on their property?

A: Slip or trip and fall accidents are a common type of personal injury accident. Every owner and occupier of property must ensure that people are safe when they enter onto their property. A homeowner is responsible for ensuring that the driveway and steps leading into their home are in good repair and in the winter free of ice and snow. Similarly, an owner of a business must make sure that their floors are free of spills and slipping hazards. If your fall was on a municipal sidewalk, you must provide the municipality with written notice within 10 days. Failure to provide written notification to the municipal clerk in time can invalidate your claim.

Show Comments

Comments are closed.